Silverlight Application is not working on 64bit browser RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

We have created silverlight 4.0 based application for our client, right now it's working fine but client has raised complain for issue with 64bit browser.

When I tried to find soluiton I came to know that SL 4.0 is not supporting 64bit browser.

Can any one help me to solve it?

Also, just wanted to check if is there any plan from microsoft to support 64bit in SL 5.0?

Best Regards,

Nitul

Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Nitul. There is no solution to this. We do not have a 64-bit version of Silverlight, so there's no way to make it work in 64-bit browsers.

The good news is that 64-bit support has been announced for Silverlight 5. So once the next major version is released, there should be a 64-bit version of the plug-in, and Silverlight applications then will run in 64-bit browsers too.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Nitul. There is no solution to this. We do not have a 64-bit version of Silverlight, so there's no way to make it work in 64-bit browsers.

The good news is that 64-bit support has been announced for Silverlight 5. So once the next major version is released, there should be a 64-bit version of the plug-in, and Silverlight applications then will run in 64-bit browsers too.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:44 AM
  • Thanks for quick rely.

Now waiting for Silverlight 5.

Best Regards,

Nitul

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:06 AM