My lenovo 3000 g 230 laptop is supported by windows 8 developer preview or not

Question

• I want to download and install the pre beta version of windows which is named as windows developer preview. So i want to know whether my laptop attains the required system requirement or not. The mentios system requirements are

System Requirements

The Windows 8 Developer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    • Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
    • To run Metro style Apps, you need a screen resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater

My laptop has all the required requirement . But I don't know about the DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 higher. Kindly tell me what is this and my laptop is supported by windows 8 pre beta version or not.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 3:48 AM

Answers

• Mihir Prasad Mahanta,

If you laptop meets the system requirements then you should not have a problem installing the Operating System however Installing the Windows Developer Preview is ultimately you decision.

Microsoft DirectX is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and rich audio. DirectX includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX APIs.

Chris
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 1:17 PM