none
Best method to send on behalf of .... RRS feed

• Question

• This is a .Net MVC web site. 

It needs to send an email on behalf of the user. It then needs to save the email in the Sent Items folder of a email group that the user has access to.

I have looked into Impersonation, but that is probably not realistic in our corporate environment.

Send 'on-behalf-of' is also not useful as it does not give any folder access.

Is there any other method?

Thanks,

Sam Bilbrey

Monday, December 21, 2015 7:10 PM

All replies

• I am also open to a none Exchange approach, but the email is rich content and may have attachments
    Monday, December 21, 2015 7:20 PM
  • Hi,

I assume you mean you want the email to appear in the sent items of a shared mailbox and not a group because groups don't have sent items folders.

By default when you use "send as" a mailbox, the email is not stored in that mailbox but is stored in the sending mailbox. You can use this command to set it so that the email is stored in the sent items of the user who sent the email and in the sent items of the mailbox the user was sending on behalf of or sending as:

Set-MailboxSentItemsConfiguration "Marketing" -SendAsItemsCopiedTo:SenderAndFrom -SendOnBehalfOfItemsCopiedTo:SenderAndFrom

Thanks.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010, MCTS SQL 2012, MCTS SharePoint 2007, VCP4, VCP5, CCNA

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com   LinkedIn:

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, December 21, 2015 8:48 PM
  • I am sorry, I am doing this from code, where would I find these properties?
    Monday, December 21, 2015 8:54 PM
  • Hi,

Use the PowerShell command to set the settings on the mailboxes that you are sending as. If you're using EWS to send as that mailbox, the email should be stored in the sent items for that mailbox by Exchange. Please test and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010, MCTS SQL 2012, MCTS SharePoint 2007, VCP4, VCP5, CCNA

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com   LinkedIn:

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, December 21, 2015 9:47 PM