none
Issues installing Workflow Manager - Windows Fabric_1_0_960_0 : Failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to install Workflow Manager on our dev server. It was installed before but was not working correctly. It was completely uninstalled (https://sharepointinaction.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/uninstallingremoving-sharepoint-2013-workflow-manager-farm/) . I downloaded the workflowmanager.exe. It gets to step 3 of 5 then displays "Microsoft Windows Fabric V1 RTM This product did not install successfully: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." 

The logs state "Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Windows Fabric. Product Version: 1.0.960.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 1603."

The event viewer shows "Source msiInstaller; Product: Windows Fabric -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action DoFabricSetup, location: C:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code.1.0\MSIHiddenAppLauncher.exe, command: FabricSetup /operation:install /gac /trace:"C:\ProgramData\Windows Fabric\Fabric\log" /fabricDataRoot:"C:\ProgramData\Windows Fabric\\" /traceBufferSizeInKB:128 /traceFileSizeInMB:128 /fabricPrincipal:"

I then tried to install offline following this site "http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31477.installing-workflow-manager-offline.aspx". Got to WebpiCmd.exe /Install /Products:ServiceBus /XML:E:\ServiceBus\feeds\latest\webproductlist.xml and received the message "WindowsFabric_1_0_960_0 : Failed. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

I tried running the WindowsFabric.msi same message. 

For fun I installed it on my computer and there were no issues...well...I got to the configure screen and then stopped.

Just a note, I checked and the server is set to use en-US which I know if it wasn't, caused some issues for others.

What could be the problem on the server?

• Edited by rsford31 Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:19 PM wanted to add another piece of info
    Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:46 PM

All replies

• Try uninstalling AppFabric, anything of Workflow Manager that might have installed, and the web installer itself.  Then download a fresh web installer and try again.  Also make sure that you are using an account that is a member of the local administrator group on the target machine.
    Friday, March 31, 2017 5:39 PM
  • Hello-

I am currently facing the same issue as you have reported above. May i know how you were able to fix this issue ? If you can share the steps you have followed or any details would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Srinath.

Srinath

Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:27 PM
  • Follow this guide for fully uninstalling Workflow Manager 1.0:

Then follow this procedure for installing it:

Be sure to use an account that is a member of the local admin group during installation.  For additional information on configuring the service account that you will use for Workflow Manager, see:

Friday, July 21, 2017 3:45 PM
  • Thanks Stephen, I am going to try those steps you have provided above. Is there a way to enable advanced logging of the windows MSI that captures additional error logging, as the error log we get right now in remote viewer only provide high level details.

Srinath

Friday, July 21, 2017 6:33 PM
  • I have uninstalled the Workflow manager completely(by following the shared instructions) but not able to install again, neither with Web PI or direct .exe for workflow manager. In both instance same error is thrown:

It gets to step 3 of 5 then displays "Microsoft Windows Fabric V1 RTM This product did not install successfully: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." 

Any other suggestions ?

Srinath

Friday, July 21, 2017 8:18 PM
  • Check the Windows Service "Performance Logs & Alerts".  Is its startup type set to Disabled?

Saturday, July 22, 2017 2:44 PM
  • It is set to "Manual" and the status is "Running".

Srinath

Monday, July 24, 2017 1:59 PM
  • This reference may be applicable:

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:47 PM
  • Were you able to get this resolved?
    Sunday, August 20, 2017 11:42 PM