none
How to detect Microsoft office power point 2010 is installed as 32 bit or 64 bit from registry? RRS feed

• Question

• How to detect Microsoft office power point 2010 is installed as 32 bit or 64 bit from registry?

Note:- I have installed only power point tool from MS office instead of fully installed office.

Could you please suggest where the bitness entered in the registry?

Thanks & Regards

Manish Kumawat

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:11 AM

Answers

• I found the solution

In the registry path at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\powerpnt.exe

we found the key "Path"

On the 64 bit machine

if Value of Path is like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\" , it means power point 2010 is installed 64 bit version

and if value is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\" , it means 32 bit version is installed

Hence the path value contains "(x86)" means 32 bit version is installed else 64 bit version is installed

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Manish,

Usually, we can get Bitness information of Office from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Bitness

Or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Bitness

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:17 AM
  • Thanks

But I have only Power point installed.

Outlook is not installed. Could you please suggest me the perfect way which can work only for Power point product?

Friday, September 20, 2013 2:25 AM
  • I found the solution

In the registry path at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\powerpnt.exe

we found the key "Path"

On the 64 bit machine

if Value of Path is like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\" , it means power point 2010 is installed 64 bit version

and if value is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\" , it means 32 bit version is installed

Hence the path value contains "(x86)" means 32 bit version is installed else 64 bit version is installed

Monday, September 23, 2013 9:34 AM