none
How to call ComputeStatistics function from windows c++ application RRS feed

• Question

• In my application need to get the para count, word count, character count  which are in statistics tab of the document property. Iam using wordCount1 = spWordApp->ActiveDocument->ComputeStatistics(Word::wdStatisticParagraphs, false); I am able to compile. While executing I am getting the exception. Suggest me how to get the counts in statistics tabs.
    Monday, October 21, 2013 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:07 AM
  • Hi, Jrpotluri,

>> While executing I am getting the exception <<

Could you tell us the error message and the version of your Office? It will help us to troubleshooting this issue.

As I tested, error “This command is not available because no document is open” would occur if I tried to call this method before a document being opened.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:45 AM