Existing email + credit card registration blocks activation of MSDN subscription based Azure Service subscription from MSDN subscriber web site. RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings Windows Azure Team!

it's a great pleasure to be able to use your services.

I got a bit of hick up, I think it's technical in nature, managing switch from one type of subscription to a different type of subscription.

Here is where the issue occurred, please bear with me.

I had a free / trial subscription, which I promptly canceled today. As part of trial subscription, as per Windows Azure requirements setup a credit card with my Windows Azure account. So, having MSDN subscription I logged on Microsoft MSDN Subscription web site, checked My Account features, and clicked to activate Windows Azure. All went smoothly, an valid Microsoft Windows Azure subscription was presented in web browser and I clicked on the check character in the right hand side lower corner to proceed to the registration for the Microsoft Windows Azure account.

This is where one of the requirements is to enter Credit Card to enable account to function.

The Account settings did not have a feature to pick existing subscription ( please remember, I had cancelled existing trial subscription a few minutes ago.

And well... when I tried to enter my credit card number the site regected the card, due to "this Credit Card" is already registered with your account.

To make sure, no ambiguity regarding account setup leading to this situation, my Microsoft Windows Azure Trial account and Microsoft MSN Subscription account had identical email address.

Is there any chance this was a temporary fluke? I will try again tomorrow.

It would be very - very nice if you could help to resolve this hickup. I would really like to register my email account and credit card Microsoft Windows Azure subscription for MSDN subscriber.

It was overall a bit confusing experience. I have registered a few minutes earlier MSN subscription with Microsoft Windows Azure from within Windows Azure subscription web site.  But I got really concerned regarding "real" subscription type when I went to Pricing page, due to lack of information regarding usage offered to MSDN subscriber. Hence, to ensure correct registration I canceled this subscription, went to Microsoft MSDN Subscription web site, to ensure subscription is setup correctly, and attempted to "Activate" Windows Azure subscription.

Thank you for your help and cooperation!

I hope the lengthy message I wrote makes sense :)

I am open to any corrections, any troubleshooting, or any setup steps required to correctly configure Microsoft Windows Azure account with Microsoft MSDN Subscription. Please let me know how I can make this as possibly easy and pleasant experience or if something is unclear, how I can better clarify.

Thank  you,

Miron.

Miron

Saturday, May 19, 2012 7:03 PM

Answers

• Miron can you send me your LiveID at baslam at Microsoft dot com so I can debug this issue?

--- Bilal Aslam Windows Azure (Billing and Signup)

• Marked as answer by Miron contrib Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:03 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Miron,

I suggest you contact our support on this site for subscription issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=14928&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Monday, May 21, 2012 8:01 AM
  • Miron, can you please send me your LiveID and the rough time you tried to sign up at my email address baslam at Microsoft dot com? I'll kick off the investigation. Thanks :)

Monday, May 21, 2012 4:31 PM
  • Hello Bilal and Windows Azure Team,

Thank you for your getting back to me.

Appreciate it.

It was within 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour when I posted the message, could be less. Tried to sign up and went to write up this thread right away when felt need assistance.

The time, as per message log above, Saturday, May 19, 2012 7:03 PM sounds like correct time as per Pacific Dailight Time.

Thank you,

Miron.

Miron

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:32 AM
  • Hi Miron,

Have you solve this problem?

BR,

Arwind

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Friday, May 25, 2012 9:56 AM
  • Miron can you send me your LiveID at baslam at Microsoft dot com so I can debug this issue?

• Marked as answer by Miron contrib Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:03 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:51 AM