Where to go to get the Blend + SketchFlow Preview for Visual Studio 2012? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting the following message when I try to start Expression Blend for VS2012.  

'Blend for Visual Studio supports only Windows Store app development on Windows 8. To Develop Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) or Silverlight applications, please install Blend + SketchFlow Preview for Visual Studio 2012.'

And there's a link on the error message window as to where to go.  But when I click on the link I can't find the specific file that is referenced or needed. Could someone please provide me with a direct link to get to the file?

Thanks!

Jim White, Developer - SunGard PS, High Point, NC

Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:02 PM

Answers

• If you install VS2012 update 2 or 3, Blend for VS 2012 will support WPF/SL development. The preview version is no longer recommended.
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:40 PM

All replies

• If you install VS2012 update 2 or 3, Blend for VS 2012 will support WPF/SL development. The preview version is no longer recommended.
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:40 PM
  • Chuck, many thanks!  I installed Update 3 and everything works as it should now!!!

Jim White, Developer SunGard PS High Point, NC

Friday, August 2, 2013 6:24 PM
  • Hi Chuck,

I am trying to install VS2012 update 4.

It's throwing errors and I am not able to use Blend with VS2012.

Any suggestions???

Regards,

Rishi

Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:08 AM
  • I did the same here... Install update 4, then cant make it work. Need some helps pls. thanks!

regards,

Ferdinand

Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:54 PM
  • Hey Rishi,

Could you give a little more information about the errors you're seeing and how you're blocked from using Blend?  For example, does it not run?  Are the projects not available? 

Also, we've often seen problems resolve by repairing the update.  It may be worth trying that to see if the problem magically goes away.

Thanks!

Kelly

Friday, February 14, 2014 6:10 PM
  • Hey Ferdinand,

Could you give a little more information about how it's not working?  Also, like I mentioned to Rishi, it may be worth trying an update repair to see if that fixes the problem.  I haven't seen any issues like this, but it's been known to be the magic bullet for other issues.

Thanks, Kelly
    Friday, February 14, 2014 6:11 PM
  • I just installed VS2012 update 4, launched Blend, and it started up perfectly.

kmote

Friday, April 18, 2014 5:15 PM