none
Migrating .net 3.5 app from VisualStudio 2010 to 2012 : Problems on Charts & ReportViewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I currently migrate my projects from VS 2010 to VS 2012, one of it is based on framework 3.5 (for some hardware driver technical reason cannot migrate to Framework 4). 

But unfortunately, the reference to Microsoft.ReportViewer & System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization cannot be resolved, any idea why ?

Rgds Pascal.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:29 AM

Answers

• Did you try re-adding the reference to below assemblies?

System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll

You can find these dlls on .NET Tab of add reference dialog when you select Project Menu -> Add reference.

I hope this helps.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:39 AM

All replies

• Did you try re-adding the reference to below assemblies?

System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll

You can find these dlls on .NET Tab of add reference dialog when you select Project Menu -> Add reference.

I hope this helps.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:39 AM
  • Thanks Adavesh,

Yes I did, trouble is that they are not in the list... Note that in VS 2012 the look of the add ref interface is a beat different.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:22 PM
  • I missed one point that the DLL targets 3.5 framework. If so, how was it working before? I am asking this because System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization is available only for .NET 4.0 or higher framework.

However, Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms is available under extensions (in add reference dialog)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:45 PM
  • Adavesh,

If I do not make mistake, DataVisialization is added by SP1 of .Net 3.5. And sure it was working before. The thing is that I migrate all my workstation to Win 8. As Win 8 do not support TFS 2010 I have to migrate to VS 2012... And now I'm in trouble...

Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:57 AM
  • Hi Pascal,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Based on your description, although you have moved your project to VS2012, it is still based on .net framework 3.5. Am I right?

If so, you need to check whether the references are on your machine or not. If not, I think you need to try to re-install .net 3.5 SP1.

If you can find the exactly dll files, but you still cannot add them into your project, please feel free to follow up.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:40 AM
  • Mike,

I think effectively the problem come from installation of .Net 3.5 SP1 on my computer : 

Problem is how to install it, when I download the package from MS website (dotnetfx35.exe) program is launch, ask for authorization, and .... nothing happen, not event an error message.

Thanks for your help, this become very urgent for me.

Rgds, Pascal.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:54 AM
  • Hi Pascal,

>>nothing happen, not event an error message.

Something has been happened. You can debug it. Generally, I think that you have catch the exception and handled it. So you cannot see any notification when it run. So please debug it.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, October 19, 2012 4:13 AM
  • Confirm the same behaviour happens for me.  .net framework 3.5. SP1 extracts the files, then disappears! 

Jean-Pierre Fouché

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:58 AM