Implementing Web Resources in iOS/Android app RRS feed

• Question

• User379341 posted

On the app I'm working on, there is a requirement for the administrator/owner of the application to be able to update text content on the fly for users to see. What would be a good way of doing this in Xamarin? I'm thinking I could accomplish this by allowing the admin to update some web source using an external app, and having the Xamarin app draw from that using some kind of web API or something along those lines. I'm still somewhat of a novice, so I'm not sure what services I could use to accomplish this. Any thoughts anyone could offer on this would be appreciated!

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:53 PM

All replies

• User369979 posted

Firstly an extra app or a website is definitely needed. After your admin has modified the resources using the app or web, you can store these configurations in your database. Then each time the client app has launched, check the web api to detect if there's something needs to be updated. Or you can also use a silent remote notification to notify the particular clients to update the resources.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:28 AM
  • User379341 posted

@LandLu right, that makes sense. In terms of the actual database to be used, what would be available with easy integration with Xamarin? Maybe Microsoft Azure? For the web API, where would I look for overviews on how to implement them/basic tutorials/info, that kind of thing? I'm still in the pre-planning phase for this app, so none of this has been decided.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm just a bit uninitiated when it comes to this sort of thing.

Friday, November 9, 2018 6:44 PM