none
Azure Storage for Backup Exec 16

Question

• Hello ,

My company Decide to export our Full Backups to our Azure Storage Account .

and i have already created the Private Blob Container

what is the best plan to do this ?

Regards,

Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Azure Import/Export Service allows you to securely transfer large amounts of data to Azure blob storage by shipping hard disk drives to an Azure data center. You can also use this service to transfer data from Azure blob storage to hard disk drives and ship to your on-premises site. This service is suitable in situations where you want to transfer several TBs of data to or from Azure, but uploading or downloading over the network is not feasible due to limited bandwidth or high network costs.

For more information refer the below link:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d232fdc3-a56c-498e-98df-887a241c6f55/azure-storage-for-backup-exec-16?forum=windowsazuredata

If you want to move on-premises data to Azure Storage (or vice versa), there are a variety of ways to do this. The approach that works best for you will depend on your scenario. This article will provide a quick overview of different scenarios and appropriate offerings for each one.  

Regards,

Vikranth s.

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. And Vote as Helpful.

Friday, November 11, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, we can set the Azure Storage as the BE storage:

We can configure storage in this way:

Set the server name as azure:azure.com. Then add the Logon account, the use name is Azure storage account, and the password is Azure storage account key.

We can use Azure portal or PowerShell to get the Azure storage account and key:

The BE storage configure:

Here is the result:

If you still have questions, welcome to post back here. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 11, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Jason Ye

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 9:04 AM
  • Hello , 

in  azure storage , the deduplication is enabled by default ? how can i configure it  ?

Regards

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:14 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, the Azure storage does not have the deduplication feature now.

Generally, there are three deduplication methods are support by Backup Exec: Client Deduplication, Backup Exec Server Deduplication, and appliance Deduplication, but Appliance Deduplication does not work for Azure storage, so we can use Client Deduplication or Backup Exec Server Deduplication. Sorry, I’m not good at Backup Exec, more information about Client Deduplication or Backup Exec Server Deduplication, please refer to Backup Exec official documents.

If you still have questions, welcome to post back here. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:30 AM