none
The runbook job was attempted 3 times, but it failed each time. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Runbook that runs a script to loop thru a Sharepoint site to look for some documents and final line of code then creates a log file based on this list and uploads it to same site again.

This script run fine in our environment without any error. Related module - SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline has been imported as well. 

In Azure Automation, the job seems to be running well, since the last step output is generated. But it then runs the job 2 times again, with final status of Suspended. Below is the exception :

The runbook job was attempted 3 times, but it failed each time.

Common reasons that runbook jobs fail can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/automation-troubleshooting-automation-errors

There is neither an error nor warning. I enabled the verbose logging, and do not notice any mischievous entry. The log file created is below >200kb. And running same job on my local machine hardly consumes for than 150MB of memory. This below the sandbox 400MB memory limit. Though I can;t verify this from Azure. Rite?

JobId : f1fa8a20-dffd-4d7c-a8d0-f3e75be2a3bc

Automation Account Name : DEBTPRECORDSITE

date and time when the job was run : ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017‎ ‎12‎:‎16‎ ‎PM MYT

Runbook name : DEBTPRECORDSITE

R.S.S.

• Edited by R. Singh Friday, August 4, 2017 7:14 AM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 6:54 AM

Answers

• I don't have access to the project anymore, but it was not working due to some lines were throwing results to the console. And of course, in Runbook, that doesnt make any sense.

You will need to suppress such line with either of following --quiet --no-verbose | out-null

R.S.S.

• Marked as answer by R. Singh Wednesday, December 12, 2018 3:58 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 3:58 PM

All replies

• /bump

I'm running into the same issue with PnP cmdlets.

Cheers, Matt Bramer

• Edited by iOnline247 Friday, November 23, 2018 3:44 AM
    Friday, November 23, 2018 3:41 AM
  • I'm also getting the same issue with PnP cmdlets in Azure Automation. 
    Tuesday, December 11, 2018 9:31 AM
  • I'm also getting the same issue with PnP cmdlets in Azure Automation. 

I don't have access to the project anymore, but it was not working due to some lines were throwing results to the console. And of course, in Runbook, that doesnt make any sense.

You will need to suppress such line with either of following --quiet --no-verbose | out-null

R.S.S.

• Unmarked as answer by R. Singh Wednesday, December 12, 2018 3:58 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 3:57 PM
  • I don't have access to the project anymore, but it was not working due to some lines were throwing results to the console. And of course, in Runbook, that doesnt make any sense.

R.S.S.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 3:58 PM