Missing shortcuts RRS feed

• Question

•  

I used shortcut @clear to clear out only my own desktop search shortcuts. Unfortunately it also seemed to have cleared the standard deskbar shortcuts like ?help, ?syntax, !word, !calc and !outlook. Is there a way to get the standard shortcuts back (w/o re-install)?

(I know my own shortcuts used to reside in C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Application Data\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsDesktopShortcuts.ini)

I'm using version 02.06.5000.5378.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, August 7, 2006 10:57 PM

Answers

• Hello Moorpipe,

You can retrieve the standard shortcuts by creating a .ini file in C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Windows Desktop Search

The file will need to be named WindowsDesktopShortcuts and should look like this:

[db]
    ?help=="C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\en-us\dsksrch.chm"
    ?syntax=="C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\en-us\dsksrch.chm"
    !word==winword
    !calc==calc
    !outlook==outlook.exe

Paul Nystrom - MSFT

Monday, August 7, 2006 11:13 PM

All replies

• Hello Moorpipe,

You can retrieve the standard shortcuts by creating a .ini file in C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Windows Desktop Search

The file will need to be named WindowsDesktopShortcuts and should look like this:

[db]
    ?help=="C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\en-us\dsksrch.chm"
    ?syntax=="C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\en-us\dsksrch.chm"
    !word==winword
    !calc==calc
    !outlook==outlook.exe

Paul Nystrom - MSFT

Monday, August 7, 2006 11:13 PM
  •  

Didn't know the standard shortcuts were also in that ini file. Next time I will be a little more careful using @clear. Thanks for your help, Paul !

Regards.

Monday, August 7, 2006 11:25 PM