none
Limit number of lines display in Data grid / repeatrer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How do I achieve the following functionality. 

I need to display a long content like an article from database. But at the initial page, i don't want to display the complete text. I want to show few lines from the database like a preview and would like to add 'Read More' button at the bottom of each row thats getting generated from the database in gridview or datagrid. 

Upon selecting the Read more - I would like to redirect the user to the complete contents. 

when I searched in net for this I can see we need to use Substring (' text') to restrict the number of lines displayed for each row. 

I am using ASP.net - with normal web forms. No MVC. Can some body help me out on this? 

• Moved by litdev Monday, February 11, 2013 7:24 PM From Small Basic
    • Moved by Naomi N Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:50 AM There is a possibility of an answer here
    Monday, February 11, 2013 7:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• I think you should ask this in another forum. This forum is for the programming language SmallBasic.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Monday, February 11, 2013 11:29 AM
  • This is also not a suggestion or a feedback to the forums. Go to Where's the forum for...? instead.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:40 AM
  • Hi Krish,

It is a kind of Page record, please try this blog, although it talks MVC, it doesn't matter: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/gg650669.aspx 

Have a nice day.

Ghost,
    Call me ghost for short, Thanks
    To get the better answer, it should be a better question.

• Marked as answer by Krish Tucker Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:08 PM