none
Hive-based registry setting for drivers in WEC2013 RRS feed

• Question

• There was an instruction for WinCE 6.0 that describes how to implement the hive-based registry. This is a bit problematic since it includes changes to the registry that may be part of the common.reg, e.g. for the FAT driver. 

You will not find a similar instruction for WEC2013 although hive-based registry is available in the catalog. How do I config the portion that is in the boot hive and where the hive files shall be stored? 

Friday, February 27, 2015 4:32 PM

All replies

• The instructions may suggest changing common.reg, but you have been at it long enough to know other ways.  I can assure you that we have never modified common.reg to implement hive registry.  Copy those settings to your platform.reg, OSDesign.reg or project.reg.

I am not aware that WEC2013 is different from CE 6.0 as far as configuration goes.

I am not sure that I understand your question about where the hive files shall be stored.   I will guess though.  The hive files are stored on your device in the first file system that is loaded that is configured to be used for hive.   Then, in HKLM\Init\Bootvars, you can define which folder on the file system is used for saving the hives.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

Friday, February 27, 2015 8:48 PM
  • The instructions may suggest changing common.reg, but you have been at it long enough to know other ways.  I can assure you that we have never modified common.reg to implement hive registry.  Copy those settings to your platform.reg, OSDesign.reg or project.reg.

Yes, never change files in the public tree, they are prone to be changed by the next Update and it would affect any OS designed built with that Installation, and it would not be possible to build the OS design on any other Platform Builder installtation. Keeping that in mind I just wondered how I get all registry Content to my OSDesign.reg that have been available by clicking in the catalog. Looks like this will be a time consuming Job to analyze how the build System works now.

I am not aware that WEC2013 is different from CE 6.0 as far as configuration goes.

Well, this makes me hope that MS just "forgot" to put the instructions to the WEC2013 documentation.

I am not sure that I understand your question about where the hive files shall be stored. I will guess though.

Yes, that's my mistake. Of course the storage Location can't be in the public part of the reg files.

---

All capitalization is done by Internet Explorer. I'm Tiered for Fixing bugs in the MS web browser.

Saturday, February 28, 2015 7:22 AM