none
VS2013 Create new project show Error " Exception from HRESULT:0x8002801d"

Question

•   AFTER VS2013 INSTALLED CREATE NEW PROJECT SYSTEM SHOW MESSAGE " Exception from HRESULT:0x8002801d TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))."
    • Moved by Albert_Zhang Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:50 AM related to vs general
    Monday, August 15, 2016 2:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please tell me what's the type of project did you create? How about creating a new C# console application? Does it have the same error ? 

If you always get this message from any type of project, I think the Visual Studio is not installed properly

First please try running your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

Also please try to restore the project template in your Visual Studio.

1. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE)

2. In the command prompt, navigate to the location of devenv.exe. This file is located in <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE.

3. Type "devenv /installvstemplates" and press Enter.

If above suggestion still no help. Please try to repair your Visual Studio 2013 or install the VS2013 Update 5, the latest update of VS2013.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please tell me what's the type of project did you create? How about creating a new C# console application? Does it have the same error ? 

If you always get this message from any type of project, I think the Visual Studio is not installed properly

First please try running your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

Also please try to restore the project template in your Visual Studio.

1. Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE)

2. In the command prompt, navigate to the location of devenv.exe. This file is located in <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE.

3. Type "devenv /installvstemplates" and press Enter.

If above suggestion still no help. Please try to repair your Visual Studio 2013 or install the VS2013 Update 5, the latest update of VS2013.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:34 AM
  • Hi,

I've got the same problem and I must exactly precise that :

- the error appears when we choose "File / New Project", before opening the dialog box.

- we know that Visual Studio actually has the templates installed, we can easily see it when we choose the menu "File / Add / New project" (to an existing solution) => this works fine.

What we would like to know is witch libray is missing, this would be helpfull to fix this issue

Thanks by advance

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:41 AM