none
Combine multiple office files into one pdf RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everybody!

So I need to create a Word Addin that will offer a toolbar (or a button) that will allow the user to do the following:

- combine several .doc, .docx., .xls files and save them as a single .pdf file.

A while ago, I found a way to do it using only integrated office interfaces, which would be delightful, problem is: I can't put my hands on this method anymore (researches on msdn led nowhere)

I'd like to know, if there is actually anyway to combine files that have an office extension into one pdf using VB .NET and possibly an office addin.

Thanks very much!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:15 AM

Answers

• >>>I'd like to know, if there is actually anyway to combine files that have an office extension into one pdf using VB .NET and possibly an office addin.

According to your description, I suggest that you could export multi office files to PDF files, then merge multi PDF files into one PDF file.

For more information, click here to refer about Workbook.ExportAsFixedFormat Method (Excel)
    and here to refer about Document.ExportAsFixedFormat Method (Word)

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Thursday, February 18, 2016 2:37 PM
    Friday, February 12, 2016 1:44 AM
  • Hello SmashingQuasar,

My suggestion is the same with David, read following article which may gives you an idea of how to merge Office files to one pdf file.

http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/46252-Convert-and-Merge-Office-Files-to-One-PDF-File-in-C.aspx

Sunday, February 14, 2016 2:12 AM

All replies

• >>>I'd like to know, if there is actually anyway to combine files that have an office extension into one pdf using VB .NET and possibly an office addin.

According to your description, I suggest that you could export multi office files to PDF files, then merge multi PDF files into one PDF file.

For more information, click here to refer about Workbook.ExportAsFixedFormat Method (Excel)
    and here to refer about Document.ExportAsFixedFormat Method (Word)

Friday, February 12, 2016 1:44 AM
  • Hello SmashingQuasar,

My suggestion is the same with David, read following article which may gives you an idea of how to merge Office files to one pdf file.

http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/46252-Convert-and-Merge-Office-Files-to-One-PDF-File-in-C.aspx

Sunday, February 14, 2016 2:12 AM