none
Disable EDI Batching Validation (BizTalk 2013 R2) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

BizTalk out of the box EDI Batching validates each EDI message that is sent to the batching instance. This validation includes EDI Type and Extended validation.

When receiving EDI messages we can specify in the receive port or in the EDI agreement that we do not want to perform EDI Type and Extended validation, but regarding EDI batching i do not know of any way to disable this.

I want to disable the EDI batching validation because we can receive an EDI message, perform business logic with that message, and if required send it again, with the same content as received.

I can remove all schema definitions that result in the validation performed over the EDI message, but I would rather have my schema 100% correct and disable the EDI batching validations.

Is there any BizTalk configuration or a promoted property in the message being sent to the EDI batch that disables the EDI Batch validation?

Thank you

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:09 PM

All replies

• Well...you should never disable EDI Validation. There is a reason it is there in the first place.

The thing is, if your schema matches the EDI and includes all agree upon alterations, you definitely should leave validation enabled.

Even though you should absolutely not do this, have you modified the settings in the Agreement?

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:53 PM
  • Yes, the settings in the agreement have the validation disabled.

We have the validation disabled because we have requirements that are basically EDI message routing, and even if the EDI message is invalid we need to route it anyways.

I know the validation should not be disabled, but due to several constraints that are out of our control we cannot used them.

I was the one that asked about processing of custom CONTRL messages so it is not a surprise that we cannot perform the validation the way that is should.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:18 PM
  • If the EDI is invalid, you should reject it on receipt so the Sender can fix their problem.

The business issue is that if the EDI is invalid, there is no guarantee that the content is valid which is a business issue, not a technical one.

If you and the Trading Partner have agree to modify the transactions, that's no problem, just modify the schema to match, then validate using the agreed schema.

• Marked as answer by F.R.Ferreira Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:33 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by F.R.Ferreira Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:33 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:36 PM