none
Change Pin Postion RRS feed

• Question

• I need a macro that will allow me to read the position of my shape and then change the Pin Position so that it is set to Top-Left rather than Center-Center WITHOUT changing the position of the object.

However I'll be damned if I can figure out where the hell they put the property to set the pin position.

I have no clue why Microsoft doesn't allow us to set Pin Position as a default property for an entire file rather than having to change this one by one by one by one by one by ...... 

Anyone know where this property is hidden?

Thursday, September 7, 2017 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Knomaze,

Based on your description, I suggest you post your issue to General Office Development forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=officegeneral

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 8:09 AM
  • The shape settings you want are called LocPinX and LocPinY. The cell will contain a value or, more likely, a formula dependant upon the shape width and height. Normall the formulae are

LocPinX=Width*0.5

LocPinY=Height*0.5

Without knowing why you want to change the pin position (even for a single shape), it's hard to understand why you'd want to change it for an entire file?

These settings were not a Microsoft invention, MIcrosoft bought Visio in 2000 from Visio Corporation.

Paul Herber, Engineering and software shapes for Visio
    Paul Herber

Sunday, September 10, 2017 3:57 PM