Run Windows App Certification Kit 3.3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I want to establish my programs reputation so as to  bypass Windows Defender SmartScreen warning.
    I have digitally signed my program with a certificate issued by a certified authority.
    I am now trying to validate my program using Windows App Certification Kit 3.3
    I have downloaded and installed Windows Development Kit - Windows 10.0.16299.15!

The only file that I can find on my computer related to the certification kit, is Windows App Certification Kit x64-x86_en-us.msi. Attempting to run this file - double click - causes a message box (presumably related to installation) to flash on the screen. The very short duration of this message makes it is impossible to read.

I am running Windows 10 with Microsoft . Net Framework 4.71 and Visual Studio 2015 installed. 
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

thanks for posting here.

>>The only file that I can find on my computer related to the certification kit, is Windows App Certification Kit x64-x86_en-us.msi. Attempting to run this file - double click - causes a message box (presumably related to installation) to flash on the screen. The very short duration of this message makes it is impossible to read.

The Windows App Certification Kit is just in the root folder of the Windows kits.

Please make sure you have download the Windows SDK from the official website. Please refer to this document below which contains the information about downloading and using the Windows App Certification Kit.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/develop/app-certification-kit

Hope this could be help of you.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Jeff Las Thursday, May 17, 2018 11:35 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 6:03 AM