none
Connecting to Alteryx APIs

Question

• Hi, I have a requirement to do a POST and GET on Alteryx APIs to start jobs and check job statuses.  I am trying to do this without having to implement custom code.  Is the best solution to try and do this using the HTTP activity?  Has anyone done anything like this before?  Right now, I've found a C# project that uses OAuth to generate a key to pass to the APIs, but I'm hoping that I can use basic authentication and HTTP activity instead.  

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Are you referring to the Web Activity?  The Web Activity seems to fulfill your initial requirements of supporting GET, POST, and basic authentication.  If your Alteryx APIs respond with JSON objects, it seems like testing the Web Activity would be the way to go.   

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 10:44 PM
  • Hello,

Are you referring to the Web Activity?  The Web Activity seems to fulfill your initial requirements of supporting GET, POST, and basic authentication.  If your Alteryx APIs respond with JSON objects, it seems like testing the Web Activity would be the way to go.   

I said HTTP activity, but meant HTTP dataset.  But I have the issue using either HTTP dataset or the Web Activity.  Right now the Alteryx API uses an OAuth bearer token, which I don't think I can implement in HTTP dataset or Web Activity.  Is there a way to do it outside of Custom Code activity?
    Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:40 PM