Lightswitch and SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a lightswitch Html Application deployed. I also have SSRS reports deployed to the report server.

I need to click a record in the report to redirect me to a View Screen of that record in the LS Application.

The issue I'm having is the querystring being added at the end of the Link.

I'm using this in SSRS

=

"https://application/HtmlClient/#/ViewAccounts/"& Fields!AccountID.Value & "/"

and the url will look like https://application/HtmlClient/#/ViewAccounts/102

I would like it to be https://application/HtmlClient/#/ViewAccounts/102/[eb287d20c] 

Is there a way to enable the ViewAccounts page to add in the string if null?

Or is there another solution which can be implemented in SSRS?

Thanks

Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Angie,

Thanks for that. I remember trying that a while back but it didn't work out for me. I couldn't even add the assembly reason why I implemented them separately.

I have found another solution (shortcut) to my problem.

I implemented a function to get the URL and a function to get the ID of the page (e.g. [abccde123]).

Then in the Created action I call those functions and check if the URL has an ID if not I append a hard coded ID to the URL on the condition that the hard coded ID isn't the same as the ID we get from the function (doing this so that we do not break the page when a user refreshes the page).

And to avoid breaking the actions associated with the screen (Add, Edit and discard) I refresh the page in the Created action.

Works for me!!!

• Marked as answer by Nissily Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:56 AM
    • Edited by Nissily Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:57 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nissily Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Friday, August 19, 2016 6:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:32 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We can use SQL Server Reporting Services to create reports and view them from a LightSwitch application.  Create, deploy, and manage reports for your organization by using SQL Server Reporting Services, and you can extend and customize your reporting functionality by using a variety of programming features. 

This might help:

How to: View a SQL Server Reporting Services Report in LightSwitch

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 5, 2016 7:01 AM
  • Hi Angie,

Thanks for that. I remember trying that a while back but it didn't work out for me. I couldn't even add the assembly reason why I implemented them separately.

I have found another solution (shortcut) to my problem.

I implemented a function to get the URL and a function to get the ID of the page (e.g. [abccde123]).

Then in the Created action I call those functions and check if the URL has an ID if not I append a hard coded ID to the URL on the condition that the hard coded ID isn't the same as the ID we get from the function (doing this so that we do not break the page when a user refreshes the page).

And to avoid breaking the actions associated with the screen (Add, Edit and discard) I refresh the page in the Created action.

Works for me!!!

• Marked as answer by Nissily Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:56 AM
    • Edited by Nissily Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:57 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nissily Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Friday, August 19, 2016 6:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:32 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:55 AM