none
Active directory synchronization with remote domain controller “with using extend ASP” RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I believe you know well about extend ASP tool

Just brief information about my infra, I need to sync remote domain controller with my host domain controller

I’m using ‘Extend ASP’ web site Panel and i need to sync customer domain controller

I complete all configuration as per deployment guide provided by Extend ASP

after complete all configuration I’m try to run “ExtendASP.EPS.ProvisioningManager.Client.exe” for Verify Workflow Engine Functionality but in this scenario I received error

now I checked all required services is running and not at all error event  in application and administrative event in windows event viewer

I’m struggling with this issue Please help me on this issue

I appreciate if you share any valuable  point or step for kill this issue

Thanks for understanding

Regards

Girish Bakshi

Girish Bakshi | MCITP: 2007 | MCTS: 2010, MCITP: Server 2008 | E-Mail girish.bakshi84@gmail.com

Friday, June 7, 2013 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Girish,

We have a requirement here to setup AD integration for this client (company on hosted exchange 2013 with ExtendASP) as they want to sync their users already in their local AD with the hosted exchange AD server.

I read there is a published way to intercept password changes and this is what control panel vendors use to grab a password update and sync to your multi-tenant AD. The downside is that you need to force a password change on all existing users to get it synced to your platform.

I believe there there was some limitations: The system has the ability to sync existing and new users into the control panel, but the existing users will not get their passwords synced, until they change the password on the remote AD system. Also the other step which we were informed was that while doing the AD sync setup all the existing users credentials needs to be entered in the AD sync wizard to continue to setup. 

I read from the ExtendASP documention the below steps to confirm the same:

Configure SQL Prerequisites on the customer AD or any other machine in the local AD environment 
    Switch SQL to Mixed Mode authentication
    Create the ExtendAdmin SQL login
    Install ADsync database 
    Install Ion System on the customer AD or any other machine
    Create Security users and groups in AD – Here we need to Enter the passwords for all the users.
    AD Sync Setup on the Ion Cloud Engine  
    Install EPS AD Sync Password Monitoring

Appreciate if you could share your experience with this

Saturday, November 12, 2016 9:17 AM