The Eddie Robot Platform How to Obtain The Data of Compass HMC5883 and Drive the Compass HMC5883 ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Eddie robot platform and I already finished motor control and sonar,IR,Kinect block on VPL(Visual Programming Language).

I used"Propeller Tool v1.3.2to run this spin code (HMC5883L_demo)(http://www.parallax.com/product/29133) and to obtain the data of Compass Module 3-Axis HMC5883L.

But now I don't know how to obtain  the data of  Compass Module 3-Axis HMC5883L and to drive the Compass HMC5883 on VPL(Visual Programming Language)?

I try this block and using Eddie-Firmware-v1.1, but The result is nothing.

• Edited by Jonn,Liu Monday, September 16, 2013 1:02 AM
    • Changed type Jonn,Liu Monday, September 16, 2013 1:02 AM
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:12 PM

Answers

• I haven't heard back from you in a while.  I will resolve this thread now.
    If your problem is not resolved, or you have future problems, please start a new question as resolved threads do not get as much attention.
    • Marked as answer by Gershon Parent Friday, September 27, 2013 7:11 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 7:11 PM

All replies

• I have a few questions.

1) That connection diagram looks like you have connected the power and ground leads (R & B) to digital IO pins (Pin8).  Why do that instead of using the regulated power heads?

2) What did you type in the Parallax Serial Terminal to get that output? Was it with the compass attached as you show above?

3) Have you tried using commands from the Eddie Command Set in the Serial Terminal to directly read data from the pins you are interested in (Pin 13) http://www.parallax.com/sites/default/files/downloads/550-28990-Eddie-Command-Set-v1.2.pdf?

-Gershon

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:35 AM
  • I haven't heard back from you in a while.  I will resolve this thread now.
    If your problem is not resolved, or you have future problems, please start a new question as resolved threads do not get as much attention.
    • Marked as answer by Gershon Parent Friday, September 27, 2013 7:11 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 7:11 PM