none
Fremy controls RRS feed

• Question

• If I use Controls.AddButon, the appearance of the button caption can be manipulated by preceeding the button creation with:

GraphicsWindow.FontName = "Consolas"
      GraphicsWindow.FontBold = "true"
      GraphicsWindow.FontItalic = "false"
      GraphicsWindow.FontSize = 20
      GraphicsWindow.BrushColor = "darkblue"

However, this does not work if using FCControls.AddButton.

So, this question is: How does one control the appearance of control captions using the Fremy extension?

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:48 PM

Answers

• Internally FCControls.AddButton uses default font, hence the font settings you suggest are not used. 

I don't see any easy method to modify a button font as you want in FC extension.  It may be possible with FCInterop, but you will have to be well versed in .Net and it may be easier to write your own or use another extension for this.

However for buttons there is no advantage I can see using the FC version over the default SB one, so easiest is just use standard Controls.AddButton.

• Marked as answer by Avdiel Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:15 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:22 PM

All replies

• Internally FCControls.AddButton uses default font, hence the font settings you suggest are not used. 

I don't see any easy method to modify a button font as you want in FC extension.  It may be possible with FCInterop, but you will have to be well versed in .Net and it may be easier to write your own or use another extension for this.

However for buttons there is no advantage I can see using the FC version over the default SB one, so easiest is just use standard Controls.AddButton.

• Marked as answer by Avdiel Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:15 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:22 PM
  • As an interesting aside. the text appearance can be manipulated in FCControls.AddLabel.
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:24 PM