looking for alternatives for missing reconnect feature in signalr core RRS feed

• Question

• User-1690463256 posted

Since the <pwa data-pwa-id="pwa-7D3156A24B6B1D46FD940E30B14AA66E" data-pwa-rule-id="SIMPLE_SPELLING" data-pwa-category="spelling" data-pwa-hint="Unknown word: SignarlR" data-pwa-suggestions="seigneurial~Seigneurial~signaller~seignorial~signaler" data-pwa-heavy="false" data-pwa-dictionary-word="SignarlR" class="pwa-mark pwa-mark-done pwa-mark-ignored">SignarlR</pwa> team forgets to add reconnect ability to <pwa data-pwa-id="pwa-5682885051FA301528FD584D309E8CA2" data-pwa-rule-id="SIMPLE_SPELLING" data-pwa-category="spelling" data-pwa-hint="Unknown word: SignalR" data-pwa-suggestions="Signal~singular" data-pwa-heavy="false" data-pwa-dictionary-word="SignalR" class="pwa-mark pwa-mark-done pwa-mark-ignored">SignalR</pwa> core 1.1.0, I do it manually but the connection id changes so for the obvious reason new connection is not belong to its assigned group anymore. Is there anyway to set id manually or better way to reconnect without upgrading to core 3 or unnecessarily request to the server to reassign new connection to the group?

Did I mistake choosing <pwa data-pwa-id="pwa-0B0B4C2744821E226807DAB23F3C26C9" data-pwa-rule-id="SIMPLE_SPELLING" data-pwa-category="spelling" data-pwa-hint="Unknown word: SignalR" data-pwa-suggestions="Signal~signals~signal~signature~signifier" data-pwa-heavy="false" data-pwa-dictionary-word="SignalR" class="pwa-mark pwa-mark-done pwa-mark-ignored">SignalR</pwa> over web socket? I’m mostly writing dirty code to clean the mess! No offence.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:07 AM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi Nima,

Since the SignarlR team forgets to add reconnect ability to SignalR core 1.1.0, I do it manually but the connection id changes so for the obvious reason new connection is not belong to its assigned group anymore. Is there anyway to set id manually or better way to reconnect without upgrading to core 3 or unnecessarily request to the server to reassign new connection to the group?

Would you like to specify/set connectionId by yourself on SignalR JavaScript client while reestablishing connection? As far as I know, it does not support us to create the connectionId manually.

This SO thread discussed a similar question, please refer to it.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58453803/how-to-set-connection-id-in-signalr-client

With Regards,

Fei Han

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:41 AM
  • User-1690463256 posted

Actually I would like to fixed the problem, Reconnecting to SignalR server with same connection/identity on after network lost without reloading the page.

It's not possible in SignalR 1.1.0 according to Microsoft documentations!

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:11 AM