VSeWSS 1.3 March CTP: "Access to the path 'Microsoft\VSeWSS 1.3' is denied." RRS feed

• Question

• When packaging, this is the error:

------ Packaging started ------
    ------ Validate solution and resolve deployment conflict(s) ------
    Validating solution ...
    Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.Utilities.VSeWSSServiceException
    VSeWSS Service Error: Assembly C:\Users\gustavo.frederico\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\GustavosSharePointSandbox\WebPartVSeWSS13\bin\Debug\WebPartVSeWSS13.dll not found. This may occur because the VSeWSS WCF Service does not have local administrator permissions. Please review the release notes.

VSeWSS Service Logging Error: Access to the path 'Microsoft\VSeWSS 1.3' is denied.

Logging failed attempting to write to Microsoft\VSeWSS 1.3\VSeWSS1.3 service.log. This may occur because the VSeWSS WCF Service does not have local administrator permissions. Please review the release notes.
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

During installation, I accepted all defaults. In IIS there is the VSeWSS Site using the VseWss app pool. The Identity (NetworkService) is a local Administrator.

Environment:
    Windows Server 2008 Ent
    VS 2008 SP1  (9.0.30729.1 SP)

Friday, March 27, 2009 7:24 PM

Answers

• I didn't have to change the account. I noticed that I added the user after VS started. So I reopened VS and it worked.
    Friday, March 27, 2009 8:25 PM

All replies

• Other details: build works fine and the file C:\Users\gustavo.frederico\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\GustavosSharePointSandbox\WebPartVSeWSS13\bin\Debug\WebPartVSeWSS13.dll does exist.

Friday, March 27, 2009 7:25 PM
  • Can you change the app pool account to be the actual Administrator instead of Network Service?

Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, March 27, 2009 7:29 PM
  • I didn't have to change the account. I noticed that I added the user after VS started. So I reopened VS and it worked.
    Friday, March 27, 2009 8:25 PM