none
Installation error Single Sign-On Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all I am trying to install Biztalk Server 2010 on my machine but keep getting this error (see below). I have Windows 7 and IIS 7 installed on my machine. Searching the web bring me to an MSDN article which provided no help as I don't have Microsoft Host in my programs and features.

11:40:33 Error] Enterprise Single Sign-On Server: Unspecified error
    [11:40:33 Info] Marking Stage: Install/Installing components as Completed in TaskInfo XML
    [11:40:33 Info] ReadTaskInfoXML: Attempting to load TaskInfo xml from string
    [11:40:36 Info] Showing MessageBox with text: The following platform components failed to install and will need to be manually installed before setup can proceed: Enterprise Single Sign-On Server: Unspecified error Check the log for details. Return Code: 1 === Logging stopped: 11:40:38 17 April 2013 === 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Onam

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:54 AM

Answers

• Although it is possible to install BizTalk server on Windows 7, it is not recommended.

It is a server platform and a recommended best practice to do development on the same Windows version you're going to deploy on. Developing on the platform you're going to deploy on, prevents running into all kinds of issues related to differences in Windows versions. BizTalk development is pretty different from regular application development.

Jean-Paul Smit | Didago IT Consultancy
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 + Certified SOA Architect

Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Onam,

There is simialr thread on this issue for BizTalk 2010 on Windows 7. Can you review it.  Especially around MSDTC setting and installing required cab files as prerequisites.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkgeneral/thread/43232808-b49d-4a55-97fd-cb11ef56664a/

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:15 AM
  • I stumbled upon this thread and didn't help in my scenario. I am beginning to think it won't install on my Windows 7 and I will need a Server edition of Windows. Fantastic!
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:41 PM
  • No necessarily, you can install BizTalk 2010 on Windows, review your installation steps as mentioned here..

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:49 PM
  • Although it is possible to install BizTalk server on Windows 7, it is not recommended.

It is a server platform and a recommended best practice to do development on the same Windows version you're going to deploy on. Developing on the platform you're going to deploy on, prevents running into all kinds of issues related to differences in Windows versions. BizTalk development is pretty different from regular application development.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Small clarification on my earlier comments:

As Jean suggested it’s not recommended for enterprise purpose, but when Oman mentioned "I am trying to install BizTalk Server 2010 on my machine ", my assumption is that he is trying to install on his desktop/location machine to get the flavour of BizTalk J

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:12 PM
  • I understand the issue is with Windows 7, but there basically isn't a reason to install BizTalk on Windows 7.

If you want to try out, it is easier to take for example a virtual lab. Or with BizTalk 2013 an Azure VM.

If you want to gain experience with installing BizTalk 2010, take a Windows Server 2008 R2 trial version. Experience with Windows 7 installation is not going to be an aid installing it on a production environment.

It is not the answer the topic starter is looking for, but maybe it is better to leave the Windows 7 track now before investing too much time in getting it to work.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:42 PM
  • This is not a correct answer, let alone not addressing the question asked.  BizTalk is in fact supported for development purposes on desktop versions of Windows such as Windows 7 and Windows 8 (reference the BizTalk Server 2013 installation guide, where it explicitly lists the following operating systems as supported "Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8").
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:10 PM
  • Check for "COM+ System Application" service, start it and all will set soon.
    Sunday, July 31, 2016 10:19 AM
  • Hi, 

Most likely it has something to do with the access of your id you are trying to configure BizTalk under. Is your SSO service configured on the same box or a remote SQL instance?

It is very important to follow certain sequence while installing BizTalk .I would recommend you going to Sandro's blog to get an idea on the prerequisites and steps. That can act as your one stop shop for BT installation.

https://sandroaspbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/biztalk-2010-installation-and-configuration-enable-internet-information-services-part-1/

there are 8 more posts, kindly refer them all.

Regards Pushpendra K Singh

Sunday, July 31, 2016 6:42 PM
  • While installing BizTalk 2016, I encountered this error when I installed only the x86 version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and didn't install x64 version on a 64 bit machine.

Once I installed x64 version as well, the error didn't appear and the installation succeeded.

The error/note that appears in the setup/install wizard when the Enterprise SSO feature is selected, is misleading as it only asks to install the x86 version. 

However the install guide that lists pre-requisites for the BizTalk, does mention that both x86 and x64 versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (or 2013 in case fo BizTalk 2016) Redistributable Package, should be installed.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj248697(v=bts.80).aspx
    http://www.biztalkgurus.com/blogs/msft-biztalk-integration/biztalk-2013-installation-error-on-windows-server-2012-64-bit/

• Proposed as answer by XZcute Thursday, November 22, 2018 3:42 PM
    Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:00 PM