Message Bar that says "Edit this Task" has Disappeared in Infopath Approval Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I have an approval workflow for a SharePoint list set up with an Infopath form. When an approver receives the email notification to approve and clicks on the item link, the message bar that is supposed to appear at the top of the form that says "Edit this Task" has disappeared.  Instead, it shows up as a button in the Outlook meessage. How do I enable the message bar in the form itself?  I really don't want my users to have to go back to the email to approve an item.

• Edited by Choung Mi Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:53 PM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Choung,

Did you mean that you have a workflow associated with InfoPath form item?

Was the Approval Workflow Out-Of-Box? Or customized by SharePoint Designer 2007?

For OOB, the “Edit this Task” button in Message ribbon is by default when you receive a Task notification form Task list, and also there is a link “Edit this Task” in email body.

If you use Designer workflow to send an email notification with action “Send an Email”, there will no “Edit this Task” button in Message ribbon, and  you need to add the “Edit this Task” link in your email body per this article.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Friday, September 30, 2011 7:09 AM