none
Solution Explorer folder for movie clips?

Question

• Hello

I have several short movie clips on my desktop that I intend to use in a vb.net project.

Can I ask, please, which folder in Solution Explorer do I store those videos in? Would it be images or do I create another folder called Movies?

I am using VS 2013 Express for Web but I am downloading VS Community 2017 at the moment.

Thank you.

Monday, March 13, 2017 10:10 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

Add Existing File..

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by bluenose_ted Friday, March 24, 2017 1:55 AM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 1:34 AM

All replies

• Hi bluenose_ted,

To use a video files in your code, you could store them in Resources folder, as VS has designed for it.

Project->Properties. Then select the "Resources" tab. Next Select "Add Resource"->"From Existing File":

After, you could see the video file in the solution explorer like this:

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:58 AM
  • Hello Fletch

Thank you for your reply.

In VS 2017 and following your advice, I can see this:

I can see Add Resource but not From Existing File.

Thanks again.

Friday, March 24, 2017 12:34 AM
  • Hi friend,

Add Existing File..

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by bluenose_ted Friday, March 24, 2017 1:55 AM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 1:34 AM
  • That's done it, Fletch, thank you.

That Resources folder is in the Windows folder not in the system32 folder (on my PC, anyway).

I will bookmark this page because I will be adding more files in the future.

Thanks again for your patience.

Blueie

Friday, March 24, 2017 1:55 AM