Error "The specified account “Domain\AccountName” is invalid. Error code: The handle is invalid." while installing the HL7 Accelerator on BizTalk Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to install HL7 on Biztalk server 2013 but getting the specified error.

I tried giving both user name mean window user name also and Bts service account name also, But unsuccessful. 

Help Needed.

Thanks.

Anshu Kumar

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Anshu Kumar,

Please follow the below blog.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mandi/2014/06/22/the-handle-is-invalid-error-installing-hl7/

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

• Marked as answer by Anshu Kumar Monday, August 8, 2016 7:49 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2016 6:06 AM
  • Hi Anshu

Refer below post (download the .msi file from the blog post below and use that)-

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mandi/2014/06/22/the-handle-is-invalid-error-installing-hl7/

Install HL7 using the updated Microsoft BizTalk 2013 Accelerator for HL7.msi file (attached).

Thanks Arindam

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:07 AM
  • Hi Anshu,

Microsoft has provided fix for this.

Refer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2988484

You can download the MSI fix here.

Another work around to this problem in BizTalk Server 2013, follow these steps:

Uninstall security update 2871997 and all post-2871997 security updates.
    Restart the server.
    Install and configure the Accelerator for HL7.
    Reinstall the security updates that you uninstalled.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:08 AM
  • Hi Rachit,

Could not download MSI fix.

Getting error" 

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.6dd70b17.1470637810.3277a203 "

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:33 AM
  • Hi Anshu

Download the zip file from below blog post as noted earlier-

Thanks Arindam

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:34 AM
  • Hi Rachit,

Could not download MSI fix.

Getting error" 

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.6dd70b17.1470637810.3277a203 "

Looks like the link is broken at the support site.

You can use this New2013MSIon14aug.zip

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:34 AM
  • Hi Anshu,

The link posted above has a .zip attachment at its end. Please try downloading from there.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:36 AM
  • Thank you all,

Able to install but now getting error "Error 1920. Service HL7 Logging Service (btsaalsvc) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. "

I followed this linkLink

Tried to start the service manually but it is saying 

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Hi Anshu,

The user you are configuring the service with must be an administrator and must have log on rights to the HL7 database created while configuring the HL7 accelerator for BizTalk 2013 R2.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:00 AM
  • Hi Anshu

Check the user account for this service as seen from services.msc. Make sure that it has the necessary permissions(Local Admin on this box, DB privileges).

Thanks Arindam

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Hi Anshu,

1. Go to Run and Open Services.msc
    2. Locate HL7 Logging Service, double-click to open the service properties page, and then click the Log On tab.
    3. Update the service account name and password, make sure the logging service is running.

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:05 AM
  • Yes Rachit,

I did the same thing. I installed the HL7 with local account which is having Administrative rights.

Then I updated it to Bts service account name in services.msc. But getting same error.

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:13 AM
  • Hi Anshu,

Who is this Bts Service account user?? is it also and administrator on local machine??, if you have configured the HL7 service, then you need to add this user to the logins of the HL7 database .

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:16 AM
  • Yes  Mandar.

The BtsService account is member of Administrative group. Added to HL7 DB login. 

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:21 AM
  • Hi Anshu,

I am not able to see the other accounts which are also reuired in the Hl7 database

viz

1) BizTalk server Administrator

2) BizTalk Server Application Users

3) BizTalk Application Operators and

4) BizTalk Server B2B Operators

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:28 AM
  • Hi Mandar,

I would add those accounts now. However I saw my eventlog and got some exception logged. Attaching as reference 

First Log

Product: Microsoft BizTalk 2013 Accelerator for HL7 -- Error 1920.Service HL7 Logging Service (btsaalsvc) failed to start.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

Second Log

Service cannot be started. System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: .Config file 'D:\Installation\HL7Accelerator\Bin\AuditingLoggingService.config' cannot be read successfully due to exception 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
       at System.ConfigServer.RunParser(IConfigHandler factory, String fileName)
       at System.ConfigTreeParser.Parse(String fileName, String configPath, Boolean skipSecurityStuff)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.RemotingXmlConfigFileParser.ParseConfigFile(String filename)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.LoadConfigurationFromXmlFile(String filename)'.
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.LoadConfigurationFromXmlFile(String filename)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.DoConfiguration(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at Microsoft.Solutions.BTAHL7.AuditingLo...

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:32 AM
  • Hi Anshu,

The error is quite self explanatory.

Service cannot be started. System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: .Config file 'D:\Installation\HL7Accelerator\Bin\AuditingLoggingService.config' cannot be read successfully due to exception 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
       at System.ConfigServer.RunParser(IConfigHandler factory, String fileName)
       at System.ConfigTreeParser.Parse(String fileName, String configPath, Boolean skipSecurityStuff)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.RemotingXmlConfigFileParser.ParseConfigFile(String filename)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.LoadConfigurationFromXmlFile(String filename)'.
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.LoadConfigurationFromXmlFile(String filename)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.DoConfiguration(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at Microsoft.Solutions.BTAHL7.AuditingLo...

Check if the path exists ...

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:34 AM
  • YEs this path exists but AuditingLoggingService.config is not available at that location.
    Monday, August 8, 2016 7:39 AM
  • I followed this link

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/04855e7c-b518-459f-94a1-246863af829a/hl7-accelerator-contents-of-audingloggingserviceconfig?forum=biztalkr2adapters

Created the Config File and pasted there. It worked.

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Hi Anshu,

Happy to know that it worked.!!!

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, August 8, 2016 7:46 AM