none
How to identify Data elemet separator UNA1: and data element separator UNA2 + from edi schema xsd RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to know that how to identify the UNA1 : and UNA2 + from edi xsd.I am not clear on the  following details from edi xsd file.

<xs:element name="EFACT_D95B_COARRI">
        <xs:annotation>
          <xs:appinfo>
            <b:recordInfo structure="delimited" field_order="postfix" delimiter_type="inherit_record" count_ignore="yes" escape_type="inherit_escape" xmlns:b="http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003" notes="Container discharge/loading report message" />
          </xs:appinfo>
        </xs:annotation>

where the UNA1 and UNA2 is mentioned in XSD. while generating the edi file, we ill get the options to modify the UNA segment properties. from xsd file , how to identify the UNA1,UNA2.

Flat file schema , I can able to give delimeter/separator between two element, also able to set the properties for segment terminator like CR LF. can anyone please tell me how to identify the UNA1 UNA2 from edi xsd in file

Thanks, Archana

Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:45 AM

Answers

• Since the UNA and UNB segment of an EDIFACT interchange is not part of any actual EDIFACT message, but rather the whole interchange, these segment are not found in the EDIFACT Schemas. There values (or at least some of them) are written/promoted to the context on the receive side though.

If you need to alter how the UNA, UNB segment should appear on the send side, you need to set up Parties/Agreements.

Morten la Cour

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Monday, December 30, 2013 1:07 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:45 AM