Classic ASP + IIS + remotemysql.com RRS feed

• Question

• User300755119 posted
    Hello,

I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve for days.

I'm trying to connect to phpmyadmin database from site in local (IIS)
    I have tried everything.

I have installed mySQLConnector (not what to do with it)
    I have entered every type of string

conn.Open "Trusted_Connection=yes;Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=remotemysql.com;Initial Catalog=H8HCs8jWdg;User Id=H8HCs8jWdg;Password=●●●●●●●●●●;"
    (returns access denied error or SQL server does not exist)

conn.Open "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=remotemysql.com;PORT=3306;Database=H8HCs8jWdg;UID=H8HCs8jWdg;PWD=●●●●●●●●●●;OPTION=3;"
    conn.Open "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=remotemysql.com;PORT=3306;Database=H8HCs8jWdg;UID=H8HCs8jWdg;PWD=●●●●●●●●●●;OPTION=3;"
    conn.Open "Provider=MySQLProv;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Data Source=remotemysql.com;Initial Catalog=H8HCs8jWdg;User Id=H8HCs8jWdg;Password=●●●●●●●●●●;"
    conn.Open "Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.2 ANSI Driver};Server=remotemysql.com;Database=H8HCs8jWdg;User=H8HCs8jWdg;Password=●●●●●●●●●●;"

(returns driver issues)

Would you have a practical guide to do it? I only find guides that refer to local mysql databases but I have serious difficulties in adapting them to a remote server.
    How do I install the drivers that allow me to connect my IIS site to a mySQL server (phpadmin)?
    Monday, May 10, 2021 1:20 PM

All replies

• User300755119 posted

Solved.

I posed the solution for anyone in my situation: I had selected the wrong drivers.

I went to the windows control panel, looking for "ODBC data source administrator (64bit)" and I realized that the drivers installed for mysql are MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver

Therefore the correct string is:

conn.Open "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 8.0 ANSI Driver};Server=remotemysql.com;Database=H8HCs8jWdg;user=H8HCs8jWdg;PWD=********;"

Monday, May 10, 2021 2:47 PM