none
Deleted alert still sends notifications

Question

• Hi,

I deleted resource in my Application Insight but still occasionally getting notifications reported via email. It could be 5 emails per day, sometime it sends me email every 5 minutes (reporting interval) for hours.

I reviewed all Alerts per resource group and all alerts per applications (including classical alerts), and this alert is not visible in azure portal. Please help by deleting this monitor since we cannot build automation due to false alert notifications.

Name: number of requests is too low
    Severity: 0
    Resource: Prod
    Search query: requests
    Description: Load balancer should ping application at least every 5 seconds so we expect 12 requests per minute per server. 2 * 12 * 5 = 120

PS: It is fine to delete all alerts within our subscription if that's simpler.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:39 AM

All replies

• Alerts can be a bit tricky because they are typically saved to an Action Group which may or may not be in the Resource Group you created for your Application Insights resource.  Under All services, search for Alerts.  From there, you will see a full list of alerts which you can refine further with the alert name.  Clicking on the context menu next to the alert ("...") will allow you to edit the alert and from there you can delete the notification you no longer want.

• Click on All Services in the upper left of the portal
    • Select Alerts under Management + Governance
    • Find the alert you wish to delete and click on it to start editing
    • Delete the alert
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:15 AM
  • Thanks for looking into it.

I checked this page for both subscriptions and offending Alert is not shown there...

Only place where I can see remains of this Alert is in Monitor -> Alerts -> All alerts -> Sev0 list. Unfortunately I cannot delete it from there and url leads to "Not found" page.

Hope  that following information can be helpful:

AlertId: /subscriptions/98a398c3-192a-48eb-b6f2-bbbe76600938/providers/Microsoft.AlertsManagement/alerts/7472ffeb-b28f-42a1-bb59-201996f30ffa
    Alert url:  https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Monitoring/UpdateVNextAlertRuleBlade/ruleInputs/%7B%22alertId%22%3A%22%2Fsubscriptions%2F98a398c3-192a-48eb-b6f2-bbbe76600938%2FresourceGroups%2FProd-east-us%2Fproviders%2Fmicrosoft.insights%2Fscheduledqueryrules%2FNumber%20of%20requests%20is%20too%20low%22%7D

Also, when I try to click on "Target resource" I am getting error since resource deleted:
    This resource was not found, it may have been deleted. /subscriptions/98a398c3-192a-48eb-b6f2-bbbe76600938/resourcegroups/prod-east-us/providers/microsoft.insights/components/prod

Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:32 PM
  • Any updates?
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018 2:31 AM