none
Why does my Mail App for Office show in Outlook online but not in my installed Outlook Client? RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a mail app for office.

It is showing in my Office 365 Outlook in my browser but not in my installed client.

On the web

But in my installed client it looks like this. Ie the app is not showing:

In the client

I have looked at managing apps etc but can't find any settings to force it to show in my installed client.

Any ideas?

Here is my manifest:

Manfest

Please note, this is not a real app but more of a "trying things out" app.

ok so here is my version of Office: enter image description here

And here is my updated manifest file as @andrews requested I remove the regex rules to simplify trouble shooting:

enter image description here

I un-installed the app, restarted everything and I still cant see it in my Outlook desktop client.

thanks Russ

Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Russell,

All the figures are invisible, would you mind uploading them again?

If you debug the code through Outlook client, is there any issue?

In addition, please note that mail apps for Outlook is only available if current mail server is Exchange 2013.

For more information, please refer to Troubleshoot mail apps activation.

Regards,

George.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by russell.mccloy Monday, September 29, 2014 12:24 AM
    Friday, September 26, 2014 9:18 AM
  • Hey Russell,

Your Outlook version is pre-SP1 (SP1 build is 15.0.4569.1004), but you're using manifest version 1.1, which is supported only on SP1 and above. Your Exchange *IS* SP1, so that's why the app appears in OWA, but not in Outlook.

Please upgrade your Outlook client to SP1, and it'll work just fine.

-Andrew

Monday, September 29, 2014 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Russell,

All the figures are invisible, would you mind uploading them again?

If you debug the code through Outlook client, is there any issue?

In addition, please note that mail apps for Outlook is only available if current mail server is Exchange 2013.

For more information, please refer to Troubleshoot mail apps activation.

Regards,

George.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by russell.mccloy Monday, September 29, 2014 12:24 AM
    Friday, September 26, 2014 9:18 AM
  • Hi George,

Thanks for this. Firstly, what do you mean by figures? I can see all the pics attached. Some of them are blurred on purpose but the manifests are visible. Maybe you can zoom in your browser?

Secondly, we are running Exchange 2010 in a hybrid solution so I think you answered my question. 

thanks very much 

Russ

Monday, September 29, 2014 12:24 AM
  • Hey Russell,

Your Outlook version is pre-SP1 (SP1 build is 15.0.4569.1004), but you're using manifest version 1.1, which is supported only on SP1 and above. Your Exchange *IS* SP1, so that's why the app appears in OWA, but not in Outlook.

Please upgrade your Outlook client to SP1, and it'll work just fine.

-Andrew

Monday, September 29, 2014 6:15 PM
  • Thanks Andrew,

This is awesome. I'll make your answer as the correct one. Really appreciate your help.

thanks

Russ

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:41 AM