Lazy loading MFCreateAVIMediaSink RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to lazy load MFCreateAVIMediaSink(), that only exists starting from Windows 8.1. It is easy by using LoadLibrary() and GetProcAdress().

However, the doc tells that the symbol should be found in mf.dll, and in reality, it must be looked for into mfsrcsnk.dll.

I wonder if I can just assume that the doc is wrong and that in the future, it will always work with mfsrcsnk.dll, or if there is a way to crawl in mf.dll as an "umbrella dll" and automatically locate the good dll that contains MFCreateAVIMediaSink(), that might perhaps not always be found in mfsrcsnk.dll in the future.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:43 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes, As you said, the function MFCreateAVIMediaSink() is really in mfsrcsnk.dll but not mf.dll. You can check the function entry point list with the tool: Dependency Walker(depends.exe).

• No MFCreateAVIMediaSink in the list of mf.dll.

• Actually locate in mfsrcsnk.dll.

I have reported this issue in this thread on Microsoft doc feedback.

Best regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:55 AM