none
Why is the SFTP not compatible with SSO? RRS feed

• Question

• I find it in conceivable that I can use SSO to store credentials securely for the FTP adapter but you cannot use the same features for SFTP. We use multiple SFTP connections to outside systems. We have multiple applications that call the same SFTP with the same credentials. I am stuck manually setting and updating user and password every time a change is made. Why is this better than a secured and encrypted SSO server?

Carl Bailey

Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:35 PM

All replies

• The reason the SFTP Adapter doesn't support SSO is because...it just doesn't.  :(

There's nothing preventing this at all, it just wasn't implemented.

Please add a BizTalk User Voice (up upvote an existing one).

Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:21 PM
  • Ya , it's not there .. As suggested add a user voice.. What I know is that nsoftware s ftp adapter does support sso affiliates..

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:59 PM
    Answerer
  • Microsoft is working to address this.

As Johns says, see and vote on user voice SSO Affiliate Applications support for native SFTP adapter , it is marked In Progress.   Hopefully they will make it available to all currently supported version of BizTalk, and not just BizTalk 2016

Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:20 PM
  • In general I would just advise against the use of SFTP adapter on BT2013 or BT2013R2. It is full of bugs and errors. Eventually Host Instances hosting SFTP adapter from Microsoft Out of the Box tend to hang up and stop working until restart.
    Friday, February 16, 2018 10:05 AM
  • In case you wonder, native SFTP adapter was rewritten for BTS 2016

- Peter

Saturday, February 17, 2018 10:33 AM
  • The nsoftware adapters are pieces of art
    We needed an IMAP adapter as POP3 access was rejected and pted in for the full package

rgds/Peter

Saturday, February 17, 2018 10:40 AM