"Connection to Gateway failed." error when trying to profile my application

Question

• Hi,

I just tried to profile my application with doloto but instead of the page I am trying to load, I only get an error message telling me that "Connection to Gateway failed.". The second part of the error message is in German, but it would translate to something like "No connection could be established since the destination computer refused the request".

I've tried both IE (with autoconfiguration through Doloto) and Firefox with manual configuration, but the results are the same. I've also switched off my firewall, but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Adrian,

To give you an update on this: Someone inside Microsoft has also reported this same error --- Ben is working on remote logging into their machine to debug the problem.  Hopefully, we'll be able to figure this out soon.

Emre

Friday, September 11, 2009 3:32 PM
  • Any update on this? I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm willing to allow someone to log in remotely if it would assist with troubleshooting.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:37 PM
  • Could this be that it doesn't work correctly when profiling local applications? It works fine when I profile my production app, but fails when running against a local install of said app.

Actually, it works fine when the app is local AND on port 80, but fails when trying to profile a ExtJs+Django app running on localhost:8000...

Ben
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 1:11 AM
  • Have you tried using http://machine.name/mine.aspx instead of localhost? We use the core of the Fiddler proxy for training and there are occasional issues with localhost interception. Let us know if this helps. See

for some ideas.

-Ben
    • Proposed as answer by lionkinglk Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:25 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:31 AM
  • Problem is PROXY config.
    check it
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:26 PM