none
Limit release on store to specific graphic cards(AMD/Intel) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have released an application a while ago, and I afterwards I found out that one of the libraries I am using has a problem with Nvidia drivers. Unfortunately I cannot replace the library because its too important. 

My question is, can I limit or require AMD/Intel graphics before download.

Thanks,

Michael.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

According to the document System requirements :

"you can check the box (or indicate the appropriate option) for each hardware item where you would like to specify Minimum hardware and/or Recommended hardware."

You can find the Graphics option under System Requirements in Properties section:

These items will be displayed in your Store listing page on Windows 10, version 1607 or later. And you don't need to worry about your app's rating or review in the Store because the article has mentioned that:

“The Store may also display a warning to customers who are viewing your app's listing on a device that doesn’t have the required hardware. This won't prevent people from downloading your app on devices that don't have the appropriate hardware, but they won't be able to rate or review your app on those devices.”

If it's helpful, could you please mark it as answer so that other community faced with similar issue can also see this conveniently?

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:20 AM