none
Auto-focus capability for kinect RRS feed

• General discussion

• Having auto focus on the Kinect would be the greatest idea. I'm not sure why this wasn't done prior to the original release. I'm even more concerned now because if this can't be fixed with a mere software update, I'll have to spend more money to get a newer model. That would be more than disappointing especially because I've waited almost an entire year to finally purchase in hopes all the bugs would be figured out and fixed.  Not to mention I don't have the 6 - 8 ft of space to play. So my Kinect is wearing bifocals (Nyko Zoom) but it only does but so much.  Please help Eddy... us small space gamers are counting on you.

Aisha

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:41 AM

All replies

• Aisha, we do understand that people want to be able to use Kinect in smaller spaces that are currently possible, however, I'm curious how you would intend an auto-focus feature to help you in gaming scenarios. The kinect skeletal tracking is based on depth image stream, not RGB video, so making RGB video image crisper with autofocus would not help you detect skeletons more precisely. Features that others have requested in these forums for closer-proximity interaction are:

- support for upper body tracking while seated
    - support for finger tracking
    - allow depth perception at closer ranges than 85cm, where depth is currently clamped
    - etc.

Do any of these sound like they would help you?

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, November 4, 2011 6:11 PM
  •  Features that others have requested in these forums for closer-proximity interaction are:

- support for upper body tracking while seated
    - support for finger tracking
    - allow depth perception at closer ranges than 85cm, where depth is currently clamped
    - etc.

Yes! All we want that features! =)
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 3:32 AM