Dynamic management views RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to execute following code in SSAS MDX window(SSMS):

select * from $system.dbschema_tables

getting below error:

The $system cube either does not exist or has not been processed.

Any idea, why i am getting this error? Am i running this query at wrong place? I am using SSAS 2008.

sirfnet
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hello sirfnet,

Which version of SSAS are you using, is it really 2008 or are only your SSMS of version 2008?

DMV are available since SSAS 2008 / 2008 R2 and there the statement is working fine; in SSAS 2005 you get the error you posted.

Olaf Helper ----------- * cogito ergo sum * errare humanum est * quote erat demonstrandum * Wenn ich denke, ist das ein Fehler und das beweise ich täglich http://olafhelper.over-blog.de
    • Proposed as answer by Raymond-Lee Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 11:34 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you please add the windows user using which you are connecting to SSAS server in SSMS to Server administrators and try executing the query from MDX.

You can add a user to server administrator as :

1. Connect to SSAS server from SSMS
    2. In Object explorer right click on the SSAS instance connected and select "Properties".
    3. Select Security -> Click on Add in the dialog box to add the user.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ranjith

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:37 AM
  • No luck :(

sirfnet
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 11:12 AM
  • Hello sirfnet,

Which version of SSAS are you using, is it really 2008 or are only your SSMS of version 2008?

DMV are available since SSAS 2008 / 2008 R2 and there the statement is working fine; in SSAS 2005 you get the error you posted.

Olaf Helper ----------- * cogito ergo sum * errare humanum est * quote erat demonstrandum * Wenn ich denke, ist das ein Fehler und das beweise ich täglich http://olafhelper.over-blog.de
    • Proposed as answer by Raymond-Lee Wednesday, November 10, 2010 10:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 11:34 AM