none
Memory of MS Project 2013 increases significantly (Reports) then crash RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am using MS Project 2013 and when developing a custom Report or switching between GantChart and the Report.. The Memory of MS Project increases significantly approx. 2.9 GB. And then MS Project 2013 hang and get corrupted. I have installed the latest update KB3115040 64bit edition but with no luck. Can anyone please help? 

Monday, May 30, 2016 5:48 AM

All replies

• YouElz,

That is either very,very  large project, or it is corrupt. Just for reference, how big is your project (e.g. tasks, resources, links, graphics, etc.)?

As far as file corruption or bloat, take a look at the following Wiki article:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32054.ms-project-clearing-file-corruption-andor-bloat.aspx

John

Monday, May 30, 2016 2:23 PM
  • Thank you John for the Replay. I don't think it is a large project.  Here is the approx. stat:

Resources: about 60 resources

Tasks: about 700

File size: about 6MB

I am not using any graphics or links in the reports. I am only using one Bar Char and few tables. I am using filters with parameters. Running the reports used to works great after installing the cumulative update, as this was discovered in Nonmember 2014 update -  

• When you run a custom report that uses parameter queries to filter results it may take a long time for the report to display. You may also notice that Project consumes a large amount of memory and the size of the file grows significantly.

The reports features is great but not when my memory goes to 2.9 when switching to a report form a gantchart. 

Thank you for the article i will go through it and let you know. 

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 4:26 AM
  • YouElz,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Your file size is moderate but not large. Unfortunately I don't have Project 2013 so I can't do any testing with the expanded reports feature. If using one or more of the methods described in the Wiki article does not help, then another option is to use VBA to export Project data to Excel where you can generate custom reports.

John

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:22 PM