none
Stored Procedure in SQL-adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a webservice that is returning a list of users.
    Now I want to insert the users into a table on the SQL-server - using Stored procedures.
    Is this possible to to via the SQL-adapter?

My procedure is receiving some parameters, check if the user exists, inserting/updating the user information depending on the result. The procedure looks lika this

create procedure AddUser(@username varchar(10), @firstname varchar(25))
     as
    begin
     if exists(select * from users where username=@username)
     update users set firstname = @firstname
    else
     insert into users(username, firstname) values(@username, @firstname)
    end

I have tried to generate a schema via the Add Adapter Wizard and my schema is created nicely.
    But, when I'm trying to create a message in the orchestration and bind this message to my map I can't find my schema as a Message Type. The map works just fine to create.

Thanks,

Monday, November 3, 2008 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    Thanks for your quick response.
    I manage to solve my problem, not sure what I did, but after regenerating my schema in the wizard I could find my schema in the list. However,
    it was not presented as a multipart-schema.

Monday, November 3, 2008 3:20 PM

All replies

• Are you saying that in the drop down for MessageType, when you click the + near Schemas, your XSD files don't appear? The name which you see will be <BizTalk Project Name>.<XSD File Name>.<Root Node Name>

Monday, November 3, 2008 2:59 PM
  • Hi

The SQL wizard created a multi-part message schema. Under message type, expand "Multi-part Message Types" and select the schema. Ex. schemaname.request.

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger.

Monday, November 3, 2008 3:06 PM
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your quick response.
    I manage to solve my problem, not sure what I did, but after regenerating my schema in the wizard I could find my schema in the list. However,
    it was not presented as a multipart-schema.

Monday, November 3, 2008 3:20 PM