none
Deployment Frustration.. Is there any place which has easy step by step guideline? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have developed a document-level excel template using Visual Studio 2010 C#. First time development using VSTO. 

It was Ok until I got to the deployment stage. 

My plan was to use Click-Once and have it installation path in IIS7. I followed a youtube video and set up IISP and was successful in deploying the application to the intranet users. 

Once I put it up in the internet, it won't work. I played around with the registry and failed. 

I have a book from Vusal Studio tools for Office 2007 and read all the articles in MSDN. I also downloaded some presentation in MSDN. 

I have sort of understanding of how this certificate works but I still can not understand how I can make it work. 

This project is very small scale.. so it's not a option to purchase publisher certificate. 

I want to create a my down certificate and install it in the client machines.  

I tried to follow the instruction but i just can not understand the concept. 

Do I have to create the certificate in the server? Where does the certificate live?

I hate this. I can't really picture what this thing work. The tutorial and the explanation aren't clear to me. 

Is there any better source? 

I'd like to see from the very beginning. 

Anyone can help me please? 

Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:23 AM

All replies

• Hi SQLMa,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It's based on my experience that you have incorrect setting for your click once publish. Especially the Publishing Folder Location and Installation Folder URL. Please check whether it is right for your internet publish site.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, August 3, 2012 5:08 AM
  • Hi SQLMa,

Any update?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 9:11 AM
  • Oh..  I did reply but must have not missed submitting. 

I can deploy installation files to the site. When users try to install excel document level customisation, it won't because of trust issue. 

I don't have experience in this certificate thing. Which place is the best place to start with? 

Kind regards

Mark

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:40 AM
  • Hi SQLMa,

What's mean of "it won't because of trust issue"?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:30 AM