none
How to Execute Configuration for ESB Configuration Tool using Command Prompt? RRS feed

• Question

• How to Execute Apply Configuration for ESB Configuration Tool using Command Prompt? 

We are updating all the values in the EsbConfiguration.exe.config file manually, after that is there a way that we can start configuration from the command prompt or from powershell script without going to the ESB configuration tool.

If there is any way to configure ESB from command prompt, please suggest your ideas.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Configure the Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit using powershell script
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:56 AM
  • The first question should be, do you really need to?

What case have you demonstrated that you need to install ESBT?  Unfortunately, most of the time, using ESBT just adds complication for no benefit.

If you explain your scenario, we can probably help you achieve it without ESBT.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:17 PM
  • Hi

Is there any specific use case to configure the ESBT via powershell? Configuring this is a one-time job, you can refer below for more details-

https://blog.sandro-pereira.com/2013/05/23/biztalk-2013-installation-and-configuration-install-and-configure-the-microsoft-biztalk-esb-toolkit-part-14/

Thanks Arindam

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:08 PM
  • Dont do it..

Do it normally. There is no added value for this 1 time job ..

Also properly weigh the usage scenario of ESBTC. Its not needed in most of the cases. 

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:59 PM
    Answerer
  • The ESB config tool uses PowerShell scripts internally for all configuration steps. Unfortunately, these scripts are embedded as resources in the .exe and not included separately. 
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:39 PM
  • Hi ,

If you are configuring ESB toolkit then my preferred option was manually as I have control on the process of creating folder location, copying files running  and running ESB configuration files etc .

This does not take more time as most of the steps are described nicely .

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:27 AM
  • So, first question, do you really need to setup the ESB Toolkit?

Unless you're stuck with a legacy app that uses it, my advice is to solve this problem by just not using it.

Keep in mind, everything you can do with ESBT you can do with regular BizTalk almost always much easier.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:29 PM
  • Need the same thing, use case is automated creation of environments.  e.g. using SaltStack, provisioning servers, configuring BizTalk, Adapter Packs, and then ESB.  Seems like a pretty common need, not sure why the push back here.   Manually doing this is not an option.

Monday, September 18, 2017 11:16 PM