[Question] - UI Elements in Lightswitch 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I downloaded the Visual Studio Lightswitch 2011 trial but I get serious speed issues running it.

However I really enjoyed one of the UI element, the left menu, and I was wondering if this control is only available on Lightswitch or if I can use it on VS2010 Professional. (C#, Windows Form Application)

Due to the speed issues, I sadly did not been able to do a lot of research to figure that thing out.

Thank you

Sunday, December 4, 2011 5:31 PM

All replies

• Well, the left menu, only has value as part of the lightswitch shell.

In my view, the left menu is just a composition of regular silverlight controls (panel, button, ...) and the underlying logic (code) only makes sense in the context of the lightswitch shell.

I don't think it makes much sense to reuse this menu as such in other apps.

What kind of speed issues do you have exactly?

paul.

paul van bladel
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 8:18 PM
  • As soon I try to work with the "Designer" or "Building" a project, it's become really slow. I do not have any issues with VS2010 however.

Anyway, I prefers to write my code from scratch. However, Lightswitch is a great addition for small business.

Monday, December 5, 2011 3:46 AM
  • As soon I try to work with the "Designer" or "Building" a project, it's become really slow. I do not have any issues with VS2010 however.

Hi Alexandre

Your statement deserved attention.

I don't remember that we have such a problem that you describe as problem with working environment.

You need to explain it in more details, please

Best regards

Spaso Lazarevic
    Monday, December 5, 2011 9:22 AM