none
Exchange 2010 hub-transport server RRS feed

• Question

• i have 2 exchange 2010 hubtransport servers.

ideally when i send email my email should be load-balanced but emails send using hubcas1 goes fine and hubcas2 kepts in queues

suppose if i send at a time 5 mail

3 emails go through hubcas1

2 emails stucks in queue in hubcas2

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:57 PM

All replies

• Do the messages in Hubcas2 eventually go out? What queue are they going into? Have to check the event logs or message tracking to determine a cause? Are these internal or External messages? or Both?

DJ Grijalva | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 SPA 2010 | www.persistentcerebro.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Only external messages
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:03 PM
  • Do have answers to the other questions? If is messages going externally then I would check your internet send connector to make sure both HUBs are listed as transport servers. Also check the DNS on the HUBcas2 to make sure there are no resolution problems.

DJ Grijalva | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 SPA 2010 | www.persistentcerebro.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:30 PM
  • no on send connector source only 1 hub transport was listed.

But even i added both as source still not working

DNS on second server is correct as i am able to resolve internet namespace

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:35 PM
  • i need to know how exchange will decide which hub-transport server to use to send emails.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:35 PM
  • Do you use a smart host for sending mail or do you send mail directly to the internet?

Are there any errors in the event logs?  Can you enable protocol logging on the external send connectors? that should give you alittle more information on why the mail is not flowing out of those queues.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:59 PM
  • No we dont have smart host........

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:11 PM
  • You might need to check out the firewall to make sure it is allowing traffic out of the second HTS.
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:20 PM
  • Hi .

1.Please check the required exchange services in the server hubcas2 is up and running .

command to test :

test-servicehealth -server "hubcas2" 

On the above output just make sure all the services are up and running.

2.Share me the error message on the queue viewer what you are facing on the on the server hubcas2.

3.Make sure you are having the enough space on the drive where the queue database is located on the server hubcas2 .

4.Please check event viewer for any errors is coming up on the server hubcas2 

Please feel free to reply me if you have any queries .

Regards

S.Nithyanandham

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:08 PM
  • Hi,

As you said you have added both the hub transport servers in the source server option of the send connector.Same time you have mentioned you don't have the smart host to deliver the emails to the internet and also the server hubcas2 can able to resolve the external domain namespaces .Then do the following .

step 1 :Then please enable the protocol logging on the send connector to see the why the connections from the server hubcas2 is rejected to send emails to internet.

Step 2: Then do the outbound email test from EXRCA tool by using the ip address or name which is mapped on the MX record which belongs to the server hubcas2.

Please feel free to reply me if you have any queries .

Regards

S.Nithyanandham

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:29 PM