none
Arduino Wifi Shield to VBasic Integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, good day, I am making a project that:

*when button A is pressed, "1" is transmitted wirelessly to the laptop via wifi shield., and when "1" is detected,via serial monitor, Candidate 1 is incremented by 1 vote and would be displayed on a visual basic interface program

VBasic program will serve as the live feed system for the voting process

I have seen a lot of tutorials but it is the VBasic program controlling the arduino, I wanted to do it the opposite way. 

This is a rough principle and I am hoping someone will help me understand. I am new to VBasic coding. Thank you!
    Sunday, February 25, 2018 3:03 PM

All replies

• This is purely working with the SerialPort component.  It doesn't really matter which way you want to send and receive data because it is the same basic setup on the VB side.  You need to correctly configure and open a SerialPort component and then respond to the DataReceived event to collect incoming data.

I have an older article about communicating with micro controllers that may be helpful.  I would probably write the code differently today but the general principles outlined in the article are still valid.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Sunday, February 25, 2018 3:12 PM