none
Secondary screen video player support RRS feed

• Question

• Hi...

In my project I needed to support two separate screens primary(LVDS) and Secondary(HDMI) on i.MX6 based WEC7 platform.

I am successfully able to modify the existing display driver to support LVDS and HDMI at the same time, on LVDS WEC7 desktop is getting displayed and on the HDMI using direct draw application; i am able to display image/text.

Now, I need to play video on the secondary screen for which i am trying to modify sample application "PlayWnd" to run on secondary screen.        

When we develop media player application using DirectShow it will always play the video on primary surface. 

We are able to develop application which uses "DirectDraw" to display image on secondary screen, but we are not able to develop media player application to use secondary surface.

Is there a option to configure "DirectShow" media palyer specifically "VideoRender" to use secondary surface?

Regards, Somashekar

Monday, April 20, 2015 10:30 AM

Answers

• We were able to play video on the Secondary screen after modifying the display driver(extended monitor-multimon.dll), but only lower resolution videos.

Regards, Somashekar

• Marked as answer by Somashekar-J Friday, October 30, 2015 5:10 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 5:09 AM
  • Found that it is not possible to support secondary screen video playback using DirectShow component.

Regards,

Somashekar

• Marked as answer by Somashekar-J Friday, October 30, 2015 5:21 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 5:21 AM

All replies

• We were able to play video on the Secondary screen after modifying the display driver(extended monitor-multimon.dll), but only lower resolution videos.

Regards, Somashekar

• Marked as answer by Somashekar-J Friday, October 30, 2015 5:10 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 5:09 AM
  • Found that it is not possible to support secondary screen video playback using DirectShow component.

Regards,

Somashekar

• Marked as answer by Somashekar-J Friday, October 30, 2015 5:21 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 5:21 AM