Windows 8.1 app allow touch events to be processed by WebView

Question

• I am writing a drawing app that at the moment also uses a WebView.  When the user draws on the screen, I am displaying the path that they draw using a Polyline.  When I add the polyline as a sibling to the WebView, the polyline obscures the WebView and does not allow touch events to pass through.  On top of that, it's not just the actual area of the line that is obscuring the webview, it is a rectangle that encompasses the extremes of the line.

Is there any way to stop the Polyline from eating the touch events and to essentially let them pass to the WebView? I've tried setting the IsHitTestingVisible to false as well as IsTapEnabled, to no avail.

Monday, July 28, 2014 6:02 PM

All replies

• If you have siblings in a Grid control, the lowest one will have the highest z-index.  What's your desired outcome? 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, July 28, 2014 6:15 PM